How To Dry Skin Brush for detoxification
You will need a natural bristle brush, best with a long handle so you can easily reach your back. Some of the brushes come with the brush as a removeable hand held brush which makes it easier to do your hands and arms. Nylon or synthetic bristles are often sharp and too harsh for the skin. Once daily before your morning shower is great, if you are feeling unwell add a second brushing in the evening. Brush as vigorously as you feel able, avoid areas of broken or sensitive skin. In general your brush strokes are focused in moving towards the heart.
1. To brush the skin, start at the soles of your feet.
2. Work your way up your legs, your front and your back.
3. Then do your hands and up your arms.
4. Focus the brush strokes, when doing your chest and upper back, towards your heart.
5. Do the back of your neck and scalp.
6. Avoid your face as the bristles can be too harsh.
7. Finish by taking a shower and if you choose, use cold/hot therapy to further stimulate the lymphatic system and improve circulation. Dry off and massage natural plant moisturizers into your skin such as almond, sesame, avocado, coconut, olive or cacoa butter.
8. Wash the brush weekly.
9. This is great for the whole family, get everyone their own brush.